After hearing the stories from my first class(8:00am) that my prof. was late to due to standing in line at the polls since 6:30am...I got up the courage to stand in line for an hour or two to just to get up there and not know how to work the darn machine! Lucky for me, I only stood in line for not even 5 minutes after I listened to an OLD LADY get mad because she didn't have her driver license!..and after the poll workers practically told her she was stupid for driving here and not having her license she finally pulled out her Sam's club ID card and the line moved 2 feet! Since I registered at school I had to have my Walsh ID and OH YES I WAS PREPARED with my drivers License too!
I gotten my little plastic card that I assumed was going to let me vote or access the machine. How was I supposed to know where to put it, they just handed it to me and told me which machine to go too! Didn't I look like a first time voter. I'm pretty sure my Voting smile was on! Accessing the machine was the hardest part about the entire process! I didn't know what to do with the darn card! The machine had this thing that said open here! So I assumed that the card went there..WRONG that was were the magnify glass was for that OLD LADY next to me to see her Ballet...DUH! After I read the directions and still couldn't figure out where to put this darn card, I looked up and saw Insert Card Here To Begin Voting!! DUH...see what I got for making fun of that OLD LADY.... Becoming all giddy again, I was finally about to VOTE.. YAY and I DID!!! When I went to press the print ballet button all the poll workers had gathered around the OLD LADY next too me because she couldn't figure out where to put her card and make the font larger! HAHA...It felt glad then that I wasn't the only one that did not take Voting 101 before hand...Which should be offered ..So.. that was it I did it! Yay.. I got two stickers so that I could wear one and put the other one in my scrapbook! But after driving back to school I was so happy I had to call my mom and tell her what I did! I was so happy!

^^That's my sticker^^
No comments:
Post a Comment